Before you read can you guess which companies produced the top 3 CEOs?
Now let’s see if you’re correct
Nairametrics combed through the 2018 financial reports of listed companies to come up with a list of the highest-paid CEOs in Nigeria, and they are…
- Freedy Moolman, MTN – N571million
- Wale Tinubu, Oando – N568m
- Austin Avuru, Seplat Petroleum N483m
- Baker Magunda, Guinness Nigeria – N461m
- Joseph Makoju, Dangote Cement – N429m
- Segun Agbaje, Guarantee Trust Bank – N384m
- Yaw Nsarkoh, Unilever Nigeria – N330m
- Lars Richter, Julius Berger – N319m
- Michael Purcheros, Lafarge – N312m
- Mauricio Alarcon Nestle – N210m
Zoom out: CEOs made 287 times more money last year than their workers did. In the wake of an era where companies have finally started reporting CEO-worker pay ratios, It has become fashionable to bash big business for how unfair the pay gap is but is this the appropriate response?